St Audrys Golf Club is a nine-hole members golf club in a parkland setting with practice facilities. Following the retirement of a long-standing golf club manager, we now want to develop the golf club to its full potential.
This is an exciting time to be part of a team running the golf club under the leadership of a small General Committee with the help of contractors and a willing group of volunteers.
In order to take the golf club forward, we are looking for two people, preferably with golfing knowledge, to work as a team and on a part-time basis to provide:
• A high level of friendly service to our members, visitors and customers.
• An efficient office providing effective delivery of designated processes in a timely manner.
• A hospitality offering that will be attractive to members, visitors and those wishing to hire the venue.
These posts are seasonal insofar as the club is much busier during the summer months than in winter. Therefore, the successful candidates will be expected to work longer hours March – October inclusive. A willingness to work flexible hours to meet the demands of the positions is essential – it is intended that there will be a staff presence at the club on a daily basis, including weekends.
Previous golf club management experience and knowledge of golf rules and handicapping would be an advantage but appropriate training will be provided.
The Club uses a suite of software, including:
o ClubV1 to manage its membership base, golfing activities and bar stock.
o Xero to manage its finances
Both post holders must have:
• A ‘hands on’ flexible approach
• Good customer relation skills
Between the postholders, we are looking for a combination of the following skills
• Sound financial and commercial acumen
• Excellent IT skills in managing and maintaining software that can transfer to the golf club environment
• Book keeping skills and experience
• Working knowledge of compliance with licensing law, employment law, food hygiene, risk management and health and safety legislation
• Experience/knowledge of event management and hospitality
Key Business Areas
• Manage the provision of office services in an efficient manner
• Manage and promote golf activities via Club V1
• Action decisions by the General Committee in a timely and professional manner, including the provision of reports, to ensure delivery of key business planning milestones
• Promote the club to societies and visitors and ensure appropriate standard of conduct
• Receive and deal with complaints
• Ensure compliance with statutory, local government, England Golf regulations/rules, including regular testing of alarms etc.
• Maintaining and reviewing utility suppliers, insurance and equipment maintenance contracts to obtain best value for money
• Point of contact for suppliers and members
• Maintain the system for processing applications for new membership
• Keep membership records up to date
• Ensure the efficient collection of renewals/subscriptions in a timely manner
• Be aware of and assist in the preparation of the annual financial budget and capital expenditure
• Control the use of the club bank accounts
• Reconcile and control all the club’s income streams – bar, subscriptions, green fees, etc
• Work in close contact with the Treasurer to ensure adequate records for recording income/expenditure
• Ensure monthly and end of year financial statements are presented to the General Committee
• Ensure VAT and financial returns are submitted by due dates
• Ensure that the accounts are maintained in accordance with the principles agreed with the club’s auditors
• Liaise with the auditors to agree the yearly accounts
4. Bar and Catering
• Ensure the maintenance of high standards of cleanliness throughout the clubhouse
• Develop catering and hospitality services, liaising with providers as appropriate
• Monitor bar prices to maintain gross profit margin
• Manage bar stock levels and the EPOS system
• Value the bar stocks at defined times
• Assist in the organisation of functions/events
• Be visible to members and visitors
• Develop the club in line with its business plan
• Carry out any other duties defined by the General Committee
Post holder will report to: The chairman of the general committee
Post holders will liaise with: Committee members and other post holders
Benefits: Unlimited access to golfing facilities and flexible working conditions.
How to apply:
If you wish to be considered for this unique opportunity, please email a covering letter with your CV demonstrating your suitability and experience to
The Chairman, Judy Gowen at email@example.com or send to:
St Audrys Golf Club
St Audrys Park Road
Woodbridge IP12 1SY
Closing date: 31 May 2021